Healthy Sate chicken recipe with Alex Pendlebury
Today we are lucky to have qualified nutritionist Alex Pendlebury from Simple Sensible Nutrition share with us one of her favourite healthy recipes.
SATE CHICKEN, serves 2
300g organic chicken breast
1 zucchini, chopped
1 red capsicum, chopped
1 head of cauliflower, chopped
Half an onion, finely diced
2-3 tbsp Soy Sauce (I use Kikkoman salt reduced)
1-2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 level tbsp curry powder
2 tbs natural peanut butter
1/3 cup water
Teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
· In a fry pan, heat a small amount of olive oil then add the onion and sauté for a minute or so.
· Cut up the chicken into bite size bits. Add the chicken and let it cook for about 2 min while stirring. Add the chopped vegetables and stir.
· Then add the water, soy, Worcestershire sauce, the curry powder, the natural peanut butter and chilli. Mix all ingredients well, and turn to low-medium heat.
· Cook for about 15 minutes, stirring while the sauce thickens. If the dish dries up but the chicken isn’t cooked, add under ¼ cup water and keep stirring.
· Simmer until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is at desired consistency.
Serve with half a cup of cooked rice and fresh coriander.
WHY I LOVE IT!
I love this recipe because it is a healthy twist on a usually very fatty dish. When we get a little bored of simple meals this is a great way to still get our protein, veggies, healthy fats & carbs in, but in a slightly more exciting & tasty way.
Alex Pendlebury is a qualified nutritionist and an accredited health coach. Alex studied at Deakin University obtaining a Bachelor of Food Science and Nutrition, and has then pursued her passion of nutrition launching health website Simple Sensible Nutrition. As a former gymnast, she has always valued her health and fitness and now runs one of Melbourne’s best fitness and nutrition boutiques, Progression Fitness Club.